Wymondham is a Norfolk market town to the south-west of Norwich, and the Baptist church there was formed 400 years ago. Its current minister is Paul Smith. The church runs a youth group and a number of home groups, they visit care homes and share their hall with community groups for first aid training, choir rehearsals and musical performances. It also works closely with the Wymondham Town Team to host some of its most popular annual events, including Vintage Day and Wynterfest.
A perfect illustration of the congregation’s desire to meet the community’s needs is the Roots Community Café. Launched in 2017, the café provides a place where people can go during the day to meet others, have a chat, or just have a quiet rest away from the pressures of life. It is fully accessible to wheelchair users and has plenty of room for parents and carers to park pushchairs and for toddlers to roam safely. The café’s volunteer staff and support team are all part of the church and give their time because they believe in showing God’s love through listening and sharing with people.
• Minister Paul is currently studying for an FDA in theology, mission and evangelism with The Light Project, based in Chester University. Please pray for his studies and for the church as we look at new ways of expanding the Kingdom of God.
• We are about to embark on baptism classes for some of our congregation with a baptism service booked for Sunday 1st December. Please pray that God will lead.
• Our Roots Community Cafe goes from strength to strength with an amazing amount of people attending. We are building new relationships through this and have started bi–monthly Cafe church services which are very popular. Please pray for wisdom and guidance on the next steps.
• Just recently we have experienced a lot of pastoral needs as a whole fellowship. We believe God is galvanising us and we are praying to discern what He is saying to us.
• We are also praying for growth which we are experiencing in small steps.